Making Bundaberg Rum the unmistakably Australian spirit
Diageo partnered with the new sports channel Fox League leveraging the brand’s existing alignment with the NRL to forge a stronger bond with sports fans.
A content series called ‘The Game that is Unmistakably Ours’ was created bringing heart-warming tales of the NRL to life by combining emotive storytelling and humour that is quintessentially Australian.
The four-part series, which revolved around untold stories from both grassroots NRL and inspirational players, enabled Bundaberg Rum to blend seamlessly into the channel and integrate into key content for its target audience.
The campaign’s long-form content premiered on Super Saturday pregame hostings with cut-down content pieces used for run-of-station activity including four mini-documentary style pieces running throughout the 2017 NRL season.
The campaign was amplified online, with cut-downs for social and both the Fox Sports and Bundaberg Rum homepages.
The campaign reached:
- 16 million Aussie sport fans through broadcast
- 16 million impacts were delivered online
- $2.5 million of integrated added value was delivered
Measurement from Spark showed:
- More than 70% of spirit drinkers believed Bundaberg is a good fit for NRL – an increase from 60% 12 months prior
- More than 30% of spirit drinkers were aware of the NRL partnership – an increase from 20% 12 months prior
Bundaberg Rum Senior Brand Manager Karl Roche said: “The series has unearthed powerful and motivating stories that bring to life the very best of this great code and highlight the values that we share here at Bundaberg Rum. It’s been a huge success and we’re proud of the output and results.”